Thursday, September 8, 2011

Love this blue and brown!

Here is the surprise for my SIL (hope she's slow to read my blog!) because I couldn't wait to post it! I used all scraps from making her baby set to make her a matching puffy quilt. I loved working with these fabrics again and I love when there are different textures mixed into the same quilt. There is a medium weight fabric, a minky fabric, and a cotton. I love the piping around the edge and I think I'll start making more of my quilts with a piping edge. This could be used as a play mat, a throw quilt on the end of a bed, a quilt to snuggle on cold Wyoming nights (for our 7-8 month winters!), or even a throw rug on the ground in front of a crib. I can't believe I got it ready for her baby shower which is in 5 days. Now to finish the valances and her baby's room is done, well not the painting but that's not my department!






Matches this:

3 comments:

  1. This is sooo cute! You did a great job! Now I am inspired : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. The set turned out fantastic! I love the piping around the edges too.

    ReplyDelete