Friday, September 23, 2011

Hugest puffy quilt so far

So "hugest" probably isn't a word, but this blanket I made was sure HUGE! A client ordered a full size puffy quilt for her little girls new big girl bed. It was pretty much like making 4 crib size quilts and then attaching them together. I have to say that it looks amazing and so comfy! I also know why I don't want to make many more of them that big. They are so heavy and hard to finish off because the end product pulls so much on my machine. But, I propped it up on some chairs and the table next to me and pushed through the heavy part. It's beautiful and I hope the lucky little girl in North Carolina likes it as much as I did!

Here's a picture of my little guy breaking it in for me. He loves to lay down on them but I shoo him away quick so no grubbies get on the new quilt!

They also ordered a valance and curtain panels to match. The valance is so cute in the horse and boot fabric from Riley Blake. The panels are bright pink with a large brown band at the bottom and they are lined to block out almost all light. I used a really heavy duty lining that is a virtual light and heat barrier.
The bed skirt seemed like miles and miles of fabric all gathered up to create a really full skirt. The brown band at the bottom is a miniature of the brown band on the curtain panels. It turned out so cute!

3 comments:

  1. wow! looks great!

    Thanks for linking to Things I've Done Thursday!

    Melanie
    bearrabbitbear.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did such a great job! I am super impressed, really! Enjoy your fabulous new creations! Thanks so much for sharing at Show & Share!

    ReplyDelete