Friday, July 10, 2015

Sewing lately

I have been sewing a lot lately.  Haven't kept very good records though.  

I made myself a bag from an Amy Butler pattern.  It is a perfect size for a weekend trip.  Every time I see it I want to go on a weekend getaway.  I used fabric from premier prints and lots of interfacing and pellon inside the bag.  It has a nice big zipper and it sturdy and just cool.

 My 17 year old needed a prom dress that covered her shoulders and didn't break the bank.  We tried some on at stores and got the style figured out and then made our own.  This combined 2 or 3 patterns and I think the put skirts (lining, fabric, overlay of chiffon) on probably 8 times.  She kept changing her mind.  Gathered, not gathered, pleats, no pleats, etc.  I learned a lot from making this dress.  She loved it in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment