Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Bar-b-q Chicken Salad

So awhile back I was on a "Whole Foods" kick, just cooking more nutritious meals for my family out of whole foods and avoiding all processed foods. Summer came and I lost track if I was doing better with our meals but I came across this dinner idea and now I'm back to thinking about it! I LOVE COLOR in my food. I can't stand when there is only one color on the plate. This salad is beautiful on a white plate!

I make dinner for 8 so this is the amount of stuff I used:

Cut up your 2 pounds of boneless, skinless chicken and cook it in a small amount of oil.
Toss with 1 cup of bbq sauce (if you made this homemade it would be healthier! I bought mine).
Lay on a bed of lettuce.
Mix up a relish of corn, black beans, and tomatoes. I used 6 roma tomatoes, 2 cans of corn, and about 1 1/2 cups of black beans.
Top the chicken with the relish.
Sprinkle with shredded cheese and crushed up tortilla chips.
Garnish with sour cream or ranch and salsa.

YUMMMMMM!!!!

Add a side of stir-fry'd summer squash and steamed green beans and you have a great "Whole Foods" dinner from the garden!

No comments:

Post a Comment