Monday, February 6, 2012

Toddler ABC cricut book

So in the excitement of receiving my new cricut machine- OVER A YEAR AGO- I started making an ABC picture book for my little boy who was 10 months at the time. Now he's almost 2 and I finally am finishing! My problem is that I figure if I'm going to make one I might as well make 2 or 3 at the same time. Which actually adds that much more time. Time to cut, glue, arrange, etc. etc. But I finally finished 3 of these cute little ABC books and made covers for them. Good thing my little boy has 2 cousins who are almost the exact same age and they are getting them as late birthday presents.

I used smaller 3 ring binders because they are cuter for little hands to use. Turns out that just because they are smaller, doesn't mean they are cheaper. They are actually more expensive than regular size 3 ring binders, but I still go them because they are cute. I just browsed through the cricut cartridges I had and found pictures that worked for each letter. I like how they are not the typical pictures you find for ABC books- dog house rather than dog, fire hydrant rather than frog. Something a little different. I put the pages in smaller plastic covers (also more expensive than regular sized). I found some scrap fabric and made some covers for the books. I wanted to make handles so they could be carried around but I was going super simple and super fast so they don't have handles.

This was a great way to get me familiar with my cricut and learn how to do things faster and more streamlined. On to bigger and better projects with the cricut now!

Now we'll see if my little guy, and the cousins, likes it!

2 comments:

  1. Oooh, I like and I bet I know which one is for Gwen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an adorable idea!! I love that you used your cricut to make these pages.... Thanks for sharing at oopsey daisy!

    ReplyDelete